7/29/2019

The depth of innocence

The lights had turned off and a tear flowed silently with a soft sob. Introspection and reflections through the mind. Small hands unfurled the blanket, kissed a few times on my nose and cheeks and said "its ok mamma, don't worry I'll give you some medicine."

My 3 year old son replayed his experience of how I sooth him when he is hurt physically noticing I was sad.  I was touched by his kind gesture and I hugged him close. An innocent expression of love, a healer.

He asked "Mamma am I naughty or am I good?" I said "you are good". 
Then came the next question "Mamma have you been naughty?" and I said "No dear"
He thought for a while and maybe could not find the answer as to why I was sad. Curling next to me he said "Never mind I love you very much. You can dream about your favourite car today"

The depth of innocence is more than ignorance, naivety or gullibility.  Innocence is being able to experience life without the filters of fear, preconceptions or cynicism. It is unconditioned and spontaneous. As we grow we get hardened by experience and loose belief in the power of innocence.

Now more than ever, I feel the necessity to tap into my innocence and nurture it, to let go, enjoy and dream innocently, release the worries and open my mind to miracles and possibilities. So let me unlearn as I learn from my child to reawaken a creative and joyous me. 
x

The depth of innocence

The lights had turned off and a tear flowed silently with a soft sob. Introspection and reflections through the mind. Small hands unfurled...